Monday, December 20, 2010

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

I gave up on God. Go ahead….gasp…judge me even, but the truth is...I was angry, very confused, and I wanted nothing to do with the Bible, church, religion, or God. Yes, I realize how selfish and ungrateful that sounds. Here I am sitting in my comfortable apartment, eating in abundance, driving my own car, employed, healthy, and surrounded by unconditional love. Yet I have the NERVE to complain. Now I see that it was a process, and it was necessary.


I thought God wasn’t listening to me. It seemed as if my prayers would come out of my mouth, bounce off the ceiling, and fly straight into hell for the Devil to do with them as pleased. So I begin speaking without filters...sometimes a little reckless…but it was honest, and as open as I have ever been with God. One day, I asked for TRUTH. I wanted truth to be revealed to me about myself, other people, my decisions, and even current and past situations. Little did I know, God was listening, and I got more Truth than I was ready to handle.

Truth is…I had given up on myself, and started blaming God for all the reasons why I was unhappy.

Truth is…God knows me. God knows my thought process. But, in order for me to understand God I had to shed all of the information that I was given, release my “Church hurt”, and all of the religious confusion. I had to ask questions, research, and trust that this process would lead me to my own personal relationship with God.

Truth is…God has already given me everything that I need. I have plenty of resources, knowledge, and common sense. It is up to me to use everything that God has given me to conquer my goals.

Truth is…I was not making decisions because I was afraid of making the wrong choice. I know now that when I don’t choose I live by default and someone or the universe will choose for me. Life goes on…choose something…if it doesn’t kill you it will strengthen u…then choose again.

Truth is…Where you are currently in life, is direct reflection of your thoughts, your words, and your actions. Wherever you are is exactly where you’re supposed to be. If you don’t like your situation, change it. If you haven’t reached your goals, it’s cool!! TRUST and ENJOY the process!!!

Truth is…THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!! Free to make your own decisions. Free to surrender to your feelings. Free to obtain knowledge and wisdom. Free to Love yourself and others WITHOUT PRETENSE.

I remember when I was a child and my mom would spank me and then she would hug me. I would be hurt, but I learned my lesson, and still felt loved all at the same time. That is exactly how I felt when I woke up this morning.

I am a long way from where I want to be, but I thankful for how far I have come. Thank God :)





Song of the Day...Donnie McClurkin- "We Fall Down"
 

9 comments:

  1. I wish i was around you when you were going thru this b/s/ I would've set you azz straight on how blessed you were/are from the gitty up. Your to blessed to be stressed and thinking so dam reckless. So tell the devil he can kiss your cornbread fed looking azz & get focused on cause i can't have my sis going crazy on me. KEY 2 DA CITY BABY !!! LETS GO LETS GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! OMG...I ALREADY KNEW I WAS BLESSED BOY...THATS WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING. IT WASN'T ABOUT THAT....IT WAS ACCEPTING THE TRUTH IN MY LIFE. THATS WHAT THIS POST IS ALL ABOUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH....AND ALSO THAT KNOWING THAT THE PROCESS WAS NECESSARY IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET CLOSER TO GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL AMEN 2 THAT!!! MY KID WAS ROCKIN 2 YOUR TRACK KEYAIRA CHANEL BE ROCKIN LIKE THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL. SHE BE WRITING RYMES & NOW SHES TALKING ABOUT SHE WANTS 2B ON A TRACK WITH YOU. LOL & SMDH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessssssss.....my friend daughter wants to sing. She write songs too!!! Im going to start me up a girl group!!! LOL *serious face*

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! So true I can relate so much to this post :)
    I feel lost so much and I forget what’s real, so much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you were struggling in that area but I'm glad God stepped in and helped u when u needed it most. people will always let u down but God will always lift u up! Be honest with him even when u r angry he loves u unconditionally! he's not like a man he wont lie and sometimes the truth hurts! Dont let anything stunt your growth in him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Darcil and Renee...

    Renee....I def get ur point...but I still have alot of questions and things to sort out. (ie. i don't look to God as a "him/her" to me God doesn't have a gender. But i don't have any evidence to support that....its just how I feel. i won't stop my spiritual growth at all...Im excited and looking forward to learning. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who has not had a "Dark Night of the Soul", filled with doubt and fear will never learn to have faith, and trust in God. It becomes easier to count your blessings in the good times and the bad times when you know He loves you and all is well no matter what it looks like. Your honesty with God made room for you to hear THE truth and the truth about yourself.
    Congratulations. Continue your journey with this raw honesty with God and your revelations will be awesome and your growth will be rapid.

    ReplyDelete